Put simply, trailAddiction is your gateway to the ultimate alpine mountain biking holiday. We specialise in guided lift-and-shuttle-accessed epic singletrack descents and the areas from which we operate were specifically chosen because they offer a huge variety of trail styles: from secret alpine singletrack to groomed bike park run. In our opinion this is quite simply the best place in the world to ride a bike if you’re an ‘All-Mountain / Enduro‘ rider.
With a choice of two different resorts; Les Arcs and Destination X (Beaufort) our unique format offers guided access to hundreds of kilometres of superb alpine trails, set to a backdrop of the Alps’ finest green pastures, pine-forested mountainsides, crystal-clear glacial valleys and picturesque, traditional alpine farming villages.
1000+ satisfied customers and countless magazine reviews have told us we’re on to something in our unique approach to a perfect MTB holiday. Years of trail-finding preparation have unlocked scores of trails that are virtually unknown to the rest of the mountain biking world. Ride all day, with genuinely experienced mountain bike guides, and not see another rider. Descend 2000 vertical metres at a time on the sweetest, flowing singletrack there is. Alternatively, hit one of the purpose built downhill courses to test both you and your bike to the limit. Or if you prefer to take it easy, cruise down one of the many forestry-tracks and soak up the spectacular scenery at your own pace. With 5 or 6 guided groups every week, we guarantee you a small group with riders of a similar standard and trail-preferences.
Our small ride-groups (average 5 riders) allow us to tailor each day out on the trails to your individual preference – there are endless possibilities for variation in this alpine playground, and at trailAddiction we pride ourselves in knowing the area better than anyone else. Our constant trailfinding and exploring in the off-season results in our backcountry rides and adventures like hut trips that are all totally unique to trailAddiction – you simply can’t ride these special trails with anyone else!
For those keen to improve whilst enjoying a great holiday, our qualified and experienced mountain bike guides offer bike skills training whilst out on the trails. For the really adventurous who prefer to explore on their own – we’ll happily hand you a map with some suggested routes marked out, and leave you to it!
“TrailAddiction bills its self as the ultimate alpine singletrack experience. There is no doubt in my mind about that. There is though an important word in there – ALPINE. This isnt the North downs, Quantocks, Lake District, Welsh or Scotish Singletrack. Its in a league all of its own. Imagine any of those places, take the fastest or steepest or trickiest most fun bit of trail, imagine it totally natural and BIGGER and I think your probably getting close to what trailAddiction would show you.” - Stephen Wills, UK
“This has been a first for me – a mountain bike experience which actually met all my expectations. You certainly have a number of unique selling points which puts trailAddiction in a very healthy position for the future. A true customer focus from staff who mirror your passion. Splendid quality right across the package – from transfers, to accommodation, food, the location/trails. THANKYOU!” - Pete Brown, UK
“The riding was top notch – having ridden in Morzine 3 years previously it was great to find somewhere new and also with top quality singletrack as yet unspoilt by excessive usage” - Ian Merity, UK
“Damn, these trails are good. If I’d known I had to ride with a b*ner the whole time, I’d have brought bigger shorts!” - Brent Carpenter, South Africa
The areas we ride are massive, not only in terms of quantity but also the variety of quality riding terrain that we have from our doorstep. The two vertical kilometres of lift-assisted non-signposted natural singletrack that we have on-tap is obviously a huge attraction, but we’ll sometimes pedal higher from the lift-top to access lesser known-about gems. The linked categories below are intended to give simply a guideline as to the different types of riding available… the versatility of our large trail guiding team means that your week with us –or indeed any single day– can be a very flexible combination of all four of these categories. Ultimately it’s your holiday and we will make sure that the week is tailored to your preferences.
The Riding / Epic Singletrack Descents
Our signature trails, most of them still unknown to the rest of the mountain biking world. 2000m+ vertical of lift-served, adrenaline-inducing natural alpine singletrack. So good you won’t quite believe it, until you’ve ridden it for yourself!
The Riding / Backcountry
The trailAddiction spirit is about making the most of the alpine playground in which we reside. To us, backcountry simply means un-mapped, non-way marked, natural mountain terrain, well away from bike parks and man-made trails.To us, backcountry simply means un-mapped, non-way marked, natural mountain terrain, well away from bike parks and man-made trails.Read more…
“This is alpine singletrack at it’s very best, riding simply doesn’t get better than this.” - Ian Jones, UK
“THE 6 BEST DAYS I HAVE HAD ON MY BIKE EVER! The trails are pristine and natural. The scenery is magnificent and the guides were brilliant. This will definately be an annual pilgrimmage for me.” - Kayn Woolmer, South Africa
“For my sort of riding and bike (5″-6″ is perfect), this is soooo much better than Morzine/Les Gets. Last couple of years in PdS never improved my riding as much as this holiday did. trailAddiction are the only guys doing this sort of holiday in this great resort and they do a really good job. Gordy and Sophie made the best dinners I’ve ever had in the Alps, summer or winter, full stop. Completely recommended.”- Graeme MacLean, UK
Matching you with the right guide & small group of ride buddies is absolutely critical to your trip. Its always our top priority
Guiding, Coaching & Groupings
In our opinion, the guiding* element is perhaps THE most important factor in getting the most from your holiday. Here at trailAddiction, we take this very seriously indeed. In fact, we PROMISE that we’ll find you a SMALL guide group that fits well with your personal riding style and ability**.
You’ve come to trailAddiction to ride some of the best trails in Europe – and that’s all very well… if your guide knows where they are. The best trails are often the ones that aren’t marked out on the trail map, and this is especially true of what we ride in Les Arcs and Areches. This is why we only use guides that have already trained with us for at least one full season already – about the time it takes to impart a complete working knowledge of this extensive area. Of course, we also all know the sweetest lines, the secret hidden jumps and drops, the best spots to take in the breathtaking views and the nicest cafes to grab a cheeky snack or well-earned drink at the end of the day.
Our guide groups are always small, and in that way, very personal. An average of 5 riders per guide means that you’ll spend much more time in the saddle and a lot less time waiting for the rest of your group to catch up or to fix those inevitable punctures. Mixed-Ability groups are no fun for anyone. This is why on the morning of the first day, we all ride local runs of easy to moderate difficulty, to give us a chance to see your riding style and ability and therefore arrange a guide group for you that will be right up your street. Of course, there are no hard-and-fast rules, if you find you don’t like the group you end up in, you can swap about no problem. Similarly, if you just want to ride with your mates or partners, even if you do have to wait for them now and again, then we certainly won’t be the ones to stop you. You are on holiday, after all – and the number one priority is having fun! This system works especially well for couples – allowing you to ride together some days, and other days, both in seperate groups of an ability matched to your own. No other operator in The Alps can offer this flexibilty of “tuning” each and every group – since the less established operators have only one or two groups to choose from. Why risk going anywhere else and getting stuck in a group that just doesn’t suit you?
Rest assured: Our accommodation and catering lives up to the high standards set by our trails
You can rest assured that trailAddiction’s accommodation and catering lives up to the high standard set by our trails! We offer a choice of 4 different holiday packages based around each of our quality accommodation options. All of our accommodation have an extremely welcoming atmosphere, and dedicated, friendly staff to look after you. Our communal facilities include: secure bike storage and workshop area, TV and DVD Player, free WiFi, plenty of comfy sofas to relax on with your favourite mountain biking magazines (provided!), full workshop facilities, power hose and drying room.
Click on the images below to find out more about each of our accommodation & resort options and the package that goes with each…
Prices and Booking
Payment in Euros is also fine with us - View Euro Pricing and full pricing structure
|Les Arcs-La Plagne||Destination X|
|Booking Period (All Packages begin on Saturday)||Chalet Chazalet||The Eagle’s Nest||Areches-Beaufort|
|Backcountry Weeks||(20/06) :: (25/07) :: (05/09)||£649||-||-|
|Lift-Accessed Weeks*||Each Saturday (27/06) to (15/08)||£629||£699||£649|
|Trans-Savoie Guided Enduro-Tour||(11/07) :: (25/07) :: (08/08)||<—– £995 —–>|
|Long-Weekend Special (Sat-Weds)||(27/06) :: (01/08)||£549||-||-|
|Hut Trip Option||(20/06) :: (11/07) :: (01/08)||£95||£95||-|
|Bike Hire||Nukeproof Mega AM 27.5 (Comp/Pro)||£249 / £299||£249 / £299||-|
*Additional Peak Season supplement of 50 GBP applies 04/07 and 11/07 only.
Week’s Lift Pass Required for all Trips @ 70 GBP except during Backcountry weeks.
|What’s Included:||Chalet Chazalet||The Eagle’s Nest||Destination X|
|Catering||Continental breakfast with hot option|
|Afternoon tea & cake|
|Delicious 3-course evening meal|
|Chalet Facilities||All bedrooms with private en-suite|
|Hammam Steam Room|
|Mountain View Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Bike Tools, Workstands & Secure Storage|
|Fully-equipped Pro workshop|
|On-Site Dedicated Bike Mechanic|
- Seven nights of fully-catered accommodation.
- Three quality meals per day. Wine with evening meal (note: evening meal on 6 of 7 nights as Wednesday is staff night off).
- 5 full days of guided riding with a fully alpine-qualified guide (Wednesday is rest day, and other mountain activities are available).
- Unlimited usage of our workshop facilities.
- Minibus Uplift support for off-the map adventures
- Driver on Permanent Standby for on-mountain-evacuation in medical or mechanical emergencies
- Uncontrollable grinning at the bottom of every trail!
- Flights - EasyJet to Geneva is your best bet from the UK although driving can often work out faster and easier from the South of England and continental Europe.
- Airport Transfers – we provide these at a discounted £30 per person each way. (only as part of a trailAddiction holiday package)
- Lift Pass – this costs €85 (£70) per person (Not required, and therefore not chargeable, on Les Arcs Backcountry Weeks).
- Accident Insurance (compulsory).
- We have a choice of up to 6 ‘streamed’ guide groups per week based on your preference and riding style and put a tremendous amount of time and thought into group selection and formation so that all are well-matched. We guarantee a ‘perfect group fit’ for every customer, and would NEVER mix XC and DH riders, nor beginners and experts in the same guide group.
- All guides are not equal! Our guides and their trail knowledge is the best in the business. ALL of our guides undergo at least one full season’s training with us here in the Alps, before leading a group. Some of our guides have now been with trailAddiction for more than a DECADE and therefore we genuinely do know the area better than any other operator!
- We are always based at the very foot of the ski lift with trails literally right from our front door both up, and down! Check for low-cost / miles from the lifts locations with other operators….after all, that’s your riding time you’ll be wasting needlessly.
- Our bedrooms have private ensuite bathrooms. Our competitors often use chalets with shared bathroom facilities.
- We use luxury chalets – jacuzzi / hot tub / sauna is standard issue for trailAddiction.
- Unlike other outfits, we are not a winter chalet operator ‘in disguise’. trailAddiction’s pioneering All-mountain format of uplift-accessed epic single track riding is now often copied, but as yet unmatched, ad its all we do. Check out www.trans-savoie.com as an example of other trailAddiction projects.
Friends and family are welcome too – come over and enjoy the scenery or participate in the many other organised sports available in the valley – which we’re glad to help arrange for you. Both chalets have several ensuite double rooms available. Contact us us to book in as a non-rider in any of our chalets at discounted rates.
For groups of 8 or more, we offer special discounts for the organiser to thank you for your efforts in getting the group together. For really big groups (up to 30 people), do get in touch and we’d love to see what we can do for you.
If you have any special requirements please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you in any way we can. If you have any questions at all about the booking process or indeed anything at all regarding the holiday, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- Choose your dates & preferred location/package (if possible, have alternative dates in mind, in case we are already fully-booked).
- Contact us if you are in any doubt on which package is best suited for you!
- IMPORTANT Is anyone in your group an Alpine first-timer, or in need of free skills & confidence coaching? If so please ensure you’ve chosen a date when this is available.
- Email Us with your booking request (dates, package, group numbers) and assuming we have availability, we will hold your booking for FOURTEEN DAYS without deposit (£95). This is to allow you time to book your transport arrangements (noting our airport transfer timings), and collect deposits from your group, without having to worry that your place may be taken by someone else in the meantime. You will be given a unique reference number which we use to keep track of all inquiries and bookings, so please quote this with any future correspondence.
- Login to our online booking system and fill in the online booking form.
- You will be emailed details of how to pay your deposit. Once receive this, you will be sent e-mail confirmation of your booking.
- The remaining balance is due 8 weeks before arrival. If booking within this time window (eg May/June onwards), the full balance is due at the time of booking.
Just another day at the Office…
If you have any practical questions about a booking or more of a general question about who we are, what we do and why we do it, just give us a shout…
For all enquiries and bookings, and questions relating to a holiday with trailAddiction please send us an email to:
We nearly always reply the same day and often are able to respond more efficiently by email than by phone, especially regarding availability or booking-specific enquiries.
If you have any specific feedback (good or bad), suggestions, complaints or would simply like to discuss at length which of all the trails in the world might just be the very best there is:
Ali Owner / Director
Outside of the summer season, Chris can help you where a phone call is needed +33 6 52 7140 36. Please be aware that during October-May Chris may not be at his computer when you call, so for specific queries about your booking, payments, etc, may have to get back to you later in the day. If you’d really like a longer chat, the best thing to do is to email us with your number and we’ll call you back at an agreed time. During June-Sept things are usually quite busy and will not always have immediate access to the info needed to answer your queries efficiently on the phone. We check and respond to all emails twice daily during this period.
Chris Resort Manager: France mobile
+33 6 52 7140 36 - November to May
+33 7 79 82 64 91 – June to October – Emergency summer contact (for travel/arrival issues within 5 days of your holiday)